1.05.2009

Then I see you, you're walking' 'cross the campus, cool professor studying romances

~Vampire Weekend ("Campus")


"Hi everyone, I'm Dr. Klug...wait, no I'm not...I'm not a doctor, I have a masters. Anyhow, I'm Professor Klug, but you can call me Katie."

Opening statements like that one don't exactly build your professional-cred, do they?

With day one of teaching Chemistry at Seattle Pacific University under my belt, all I can say is: at what point in the next 11 weeks will I be checked into the nutty farm after an epic breakdown? My first general chemistry lecture went surprisingly well (save for the above faux pax), but I finally realized today that this is going to be an insane three months. Bring it.

Stay tuned for more blog-worthy happenings from Professor Klug's classes...rest assured there will be many.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great, Katie, you made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Professor Klug! Keep up the good work.