1.02.2008

let's get it started in here!

~Black-Eyed Peas (i know, it makes me cringe too)

Well, here we are in 2008. i may have to do my typical "year in review" blog at a later date. But, for now, suffice to say 2008 has already been quite surprising to me!

With all the busyness the last four months, i had given up on the possibility of applying to a Masters in Teaching program in time to start this year. But, some family members helped light a fire under my ass and yesterday at work (yeah, I had to come in for a bit on New Year's Day...whoopie) i spent about four hours checking out the specifics of applying to Seattle University's MIT program and figuring out how i can accomplish references, transcripts, essays, applications and other paperwork in less than a month, and then as quickly as possible take all the teacher tests in March. Whoa.

So, it's all but official: i'm applying to SU and hope to be in Seattle by the beginning of the summer! i need to make stuff happen this year or i'll go crazy! The only sad part is thinking about leaving my awesome church and new friends, but i've realized that contentment isn't enough and it's time to do this teacher thing. i also started applying to be a horse camp counselor for the summer at the church camp i went to my whole childhood...why not, right?

There you have it. Change is on the horizon and while nothing is certain, i'm pretty excited! Except the whole being back in school thing. Hopefully that'll grow on me.

I leave you with a hysterical paragraph from SU's online info about their application process:
"Both the autobiograhpical statement and the writing sample are evalluated on the basis of conent and prooper use of grammatical conventions. Here is a handout outlining some common MIT student writing errors."

Please tell me that was a joke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prooper, hehehe!

P.S. I read your blog. :-)
Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

woah, now that it's in blogland, it's official...you're a redhawk in waiting!

p.s. the enchiladas sound yummy...sans chicken of course...