10.30.2008

Of the places I've laid down my [car], I think of two I regret

~Fleet Foxes ("So Long to the Headstrong")

I tell people that I have two vices: swearing and speeding.

Apparently, I need to add a third item to the list: being a complete imbecile.

Today, while working my third shift in downtown Bellevue for my new traveling barista job, I, in typical dumbass form, parked in a strip mall lot because I'm afraid of the cost of skyscraper garage parking.

Of course, a $25 parking ticket hurts worse. Much worse. This is my second in as many months. Yep. Now do you see why I need to add that third vice to the list?

So, let's do the math:
3.25 hours of work @ 10/hour = $32.50
1 parking ticket = $25.00
Gas = $3.00
Taxes = the rest (maybe more)

Perfect, just perfect. Although, on the upside, I got to overhear Financial Advisors talk all day about how manic the market is, how everyone should sell Starbucks stock, how this is the perfect time for ME to invest, how the bailout is a brilliant plan, how redistribution of wealth is unfair (easy for them to say) and other political hot topics. Intriguing. Even though this parking ticket makes me want to rip my hair out, I really like my job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha. I have the same vices. Got me a speeding ticket coming home from work a few weeks ago, and narrowly avoided a parking ticket last weekend. I LIVE DANGEROUSLY.

That and I swear like a @$^# sailor.