7.29.2006

Oh Lord, I'm tired, so tired from walking

On the eighth day, God created energy. Apparently, I was taking a nap and missed out on the mass-distribution of it.

Certainly, this was a tiring year, what with Biochem, the mono scare of winter 2006, and hanging out with people all spring and what little summer I had. However, after I moved to Eugene, the crazy cocktail of allergies, heat, emotional weirdness from moving, and all-day classes wiped me out faster than the plaugue. I found mysef taking 4 hour naps the first week I was here, and managed to whittle them down to 2 or 3 by the end of my first class. It was actually something to celebrate if I made it through an entire day without falling asleep!

Then, the lab class started this week. It's challenging and good, but I feel SO lazy because I'm continually exhausted and hardly moved voluntarily all week. I literally fell asleep at 8pm on Thursday night and slept for 12 hours...that surprised even me. The first week of 9-5 in lab is rough on the body like you wouldn't believe. Or maybe you would. They're trying to "prepare us" for the stress of our internships by giving us more to do than is humanly possible to see how we prioritize and juggle multiple tasks: totally bogus. I think internship will be WAY more focused on a single task. Call me an optimist, I suppose.

So, now with what we've learned this week, we have to create our own set of polymers with the properties we want next week. But there's a catch (there always is): I have three job interviews next week also! Shnikes...doesn't seem possible, but it'll work out. I interview at a paint company on Monday, a plywood resins company Tuesday and for an adhesives job on Thursday. While I'm fairly confident I'll get a position, I'm walking by faith completely, and just hoping the "right" place offers me the job first. Of course, I could hopefully do something I wasn't completely stoaked about for 9 months, but let's not go there if we don't have to. Be thinking good thoughts for me next week in my interviews! Hopefully my energy level will skyrocket with no known explanation this weekend....I can hope, can't I?

No comments: